- We believe the sole basis of our belief is the Bible.
- We believe the Scripture is composed entirely of the 66 books of the Old and New Testaments - originated with God and given through the instrumentality of many different chosen authors.
- We believe that there is one living, true, holy God, eternally existent in the Holy Trinity of Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus was miraculously conceived, born of a virgin, and sinless in life.
- We believe that Jesus was fully man and fully God, walked our earth, lived a life of obedience, suffered at the hands of men, and died on the cross.
- We believe Jesus fully atoned for the sins of all, was bodily resurrected and enthroned at God’s right hand as our Intercessor.
- We believe that salvation is wholly a work of God’s free grace, received by repentance and faith.
- We believe each person can be made new in Christ by the Holy Spirit and thereafter continuously grow in the knowledge of God.
Church 4 Battle Creek First Wesleyan Church is an elder governed, staff led congregation that strives to equip God’s people for meaningful ministry. We are a congregation of the Wesleyan Church, and our pastors are licensed/ordained under their spiritual authority. We are aligned in ministry style and philosophy with the Willow Creek Association, an umbrella organization of churches who are dedicated to turning irreligious people into fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ. Additionally, First Wes undergoes a full financial review by an independent CPA firm at the close of each fiscal year.